Saturday, August 04, 2007

"Fish-on-a-Stick"


Deep in the Sea,
Where the Vicious Fishes swim...

...there once was a fish.
On a stick...

Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time, a little project to make use of the technologies at work - Computer-aided design and Laser cutting capabilities.

But when he was done, what did I have? Well, yes, Fish. On a stick. With a mouse-trap powered jaw and a fully articulated body that flapped around in fishy sort of way.

But of what use is that? Once, I took him to church along with a Gold Fish (called Rod Davies) in a plastic bag. I showed the kids. " Here is a fish I made. And here is a fish made by God..." We are all created in the image of God, so I think that makes us like little creators too! Just not quite as good at it...

Now it looks like Fish-on-a-stick has found a purpose in life! He is in training to go to the Olympics in Beijing! How cool would that be for a little Aussie fish?

Watch this space!

PS. Rod Davies is actually a very talented singer-songwriter. He seems to be a closely guarded secret, well, from radio airplay at least. Captain Midnight will be playing him soon, I hope. The sister of the guy I borrowed the gold fish off had a bit of a thing for Rod back in the day!

No comments: