Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Captain Midnight

Last night I made my radio debut on the Captain Midnight Show on Heart FM, our community radio station. I was in the the studio with three young ladies, and it was a lot of fun. Freda spent most of the night laying on the floor, she had turned up a day early for her shift but decided to hang around anyway.

Freda is from Ghana, and today marks 50 years since their Independence from British rule, the first sub-Saharan nation to do so. She said nothing on air, the microphones didn't pick up her snoring either.

So it was mostly the three of us chatting and playing lots of music, the Biz, Loz and Honza show. Biz was our trainer, she's done a lot of radio here, despite her youth, and Lorraine did Captain Midnight last year as part of her C4 course, as I am now. So I was the only Newbie...

Anyway, looks like I'll be on every Monday night for the next few months on 95.7 Heart FM in the midlands between 9pm and midnight. I was going to put the number for requests here, but I can't quite remember it... You will just have to put your favourite radio song in my comments, and we will see what we can do!


2 comments:

Lynette Adams said...

heartheart

John Cooper said...

oh, I get it... hear the art on heart fm... sometimes I'm a bit thick...