Sunday, April 03, 2011

IF - Duets


Back in January I went to the fabulous Faith and the Arts week in Poatina, Tasmania to hang out with and be inspired by creative people from many disciplines including drama, music, painting, photography, creative writing (Slam Poetry!) and print making. I've never tried print making before, so I gave it a go, and really loved it. Come to Tassie next Jan to experience it for yourself, or if you can't wait that long, there's the Canada edition in a few months.

Anyway, two of the stars of the week were Eric and Spike, who, despite not having met before inspired us with their duets. Amazing jazz. Check out my Youtube video. And when Spike's wife Lea joined them, there was magic in the air.

So what better subject for Illustration Friday's Duet challenge than Eric and Spike.

It gave me a chance to play with my new Wacom Tablet (a bit easier to draw with than my laptop's scratch pad...) and play around with a demo version of Artrage software. This is a lot looser than what I normally come up with, but I liked the energy of it and had to resist the temptation to clean it up too much in GIMP! Hope you like it.

3 comments:

Nancy Bea Miller said...

Wow, great energy and movement! Really like it!

elizabeth said...

My goodness, this is gorgeous. I love your style and energy!

MrBibleHead said...

Wow John! This is FANTASTICO! Love the vibe! Great colors and contrasts! Bravo my friend! Does “Faith and the Arts” ever come to the states? I’d love to check it out.